Cats (Felis catus) are one of most popular pets in the world, this carnivore mammals have many species like Manx (Manx is a cat who comes from the island Manx. Some people refer to this cat as Rumpy. Manx has a short tail and coat color consisting of brown and lavender), Maine Coon (Maine Coon is a cat breed native of Maine, United States. These cats are descendants of a race of Angora and American Shorthair cats), British Shorthair (This cat was breeded in England. This cat is a cat that is calm, gentle and intelligent. Color fur cat breed which this is plain (white, black, blue, red and beige), two colors, deep black, and striped), Burmese (Burmese is a cat breed that is reared by Dr. Joseph Thompson in the United States in about 1930. Coat-color cat breed is brown civet, blue, champagne, Lifa, red, brown, and Tortoiseshell).
Each race has a special character, but because of the frequent occurrence of interbreeding between races, many cats are simply grouped in this type of long hair and short hair, depending on the type of hair cover they body.
If you're a cats lover you will love this because below we will show you 17 amazing facts about cats which only few people know it.
- With a total of more than 500 million worldwide, cats are the most popular pets in the world.
- Cats have a strong night vision, allowing them to see the light levels six times lower than what is required humans to see.
- Cats are also able to see in the extreme light because they have iris of the eye that forms a gap to be narrowed automatically when in bright light. However, it also reduces the narrowing of the field of view of cats.
- Cats have a third eyelid called membrane niktitans. The third shell composed of a thin layer to cover the eye and appear as cat eyes open. This membrane partially closes when the cat is sick. Some cats are very sleepy or excited also shows this membrane.
- When the light was too little to see, the cat will use the "whiskers" to help determine the direction and become an additional sensing devices. For example to detect very small changes in the wind, making the cat can know the objects around without seeing.
- Cats also have excellent hearing and sense of smell is strong.
- Cats have a flexible body and teeth adapted for hunting small animals such as mice.
- Cats are hunters kill and very cunning. When they walked prey, they stepped back foot almost exactly where they step foot forward. This will minimize noise and limit their tracks visible.
- The average age of a cat is about 12 to 15 years.
- Older cat may at times act aggressively towards kittens.
- Playing cat fights among kittens is a way for them to practice and learn skills for hunting and fighting, it is also common types of big cats such as tigers and lions.
- Cats are animals that likes cleanliness, they spend large amounts of time to lick their fur to keep them clean.
- Cats conserve energy by sleeping for an average of 13 to 14 hours a day.
- Feral cats are often considered a pest and a threat to domestic cats, because it is in some countries such as the USA there is a special officer in charge of rounding up wild cats.
- Domestic cat or cats that have become pet humans usually very playful, especially occurs in kittens who love to chase toys and play fight with other kittens.
- Domestic cats typically have an average weight of about 4-5 kilograms.
- Domestic cat heaviest ever recorded weighing 21.297 kilograms.
That is the amazing cat facts that we can share. If you want to know more animals fact you also read fact about African bat eared fox.