Bat-eared fox is a fox species found on more than 10 African country including Botswana, Kenya, Mozambique, Namibia, Tanzania, Kilimanjaro, Samburu, Zambia and Zimbabwe. In this short animals articles I'm trying to share bat-eared fox fact.
- This fox called them for they large ears (around 114 to 135 mm long) with a body length between 46 - 66 cm and they tall was about 13 cm. They enormous ears in proportion to its head, like those of many bats.
- The bat-eared fox large ears are used for thermoregulation.
- Bat-eared foxes play an important role in termite control because a single bat-eared fox can eat up to 1.15 million termites each year.
- Beside eat termites, they also eat other insects and arthropods, small rodents, lizards, the eggs and chicks of birds.
- Bat-eared foxes are primarily nocturnal animal, they are most active at night.
- The bat-eared fox relies on speed and its incredible dodging ability to escape from predators and they most predators was human.
- They habitat was on open plains, savannas, grasslands and areas where termites and beetles are found, they life span was around 13 years.
- Bat-eared foxes was monogamous animals which live in groups of mating pairs and their young.
- Males bat-eared foxes participate in guarding, grooming, and playing with the young like the females.
That is the fact about bat-eared fox, one of African animals which conservation status at now was least threatened.